sexta-feira, 8 de maio de 2009

Here I am: Then and Now



Fonte/Source: The Bilerico Project
Filed by: Donna Rose
May 7, 2009 6:30 PM







1.I was a straight, married, middle-class, jocky white guy.
2.I had a 38 inch chest thanks to my pecs and took significant pride knowing that I could bench press over 300 pounds.
3.I had never knowingly experienced discrimination.
4.I rarely had to contend with a social consciousness because I lived in a comfortable little world where my family lived in the same house as I did.
5.I hadn't cried in 30 years and built walls to keep people at a distance.
6.My favorite drink was a Tequila Sunrise but nobody dared snicker about it.
7.I took a significant amount of my self-identity from my career.
8.I shaved my face every morning, and rarely used conditioner.
9.I had so much stuff to carry I could barely fit it all in my wallet.
10.I thought I was happy, and had resigned myself to staying in the closet for the rest of my life.
11.I guess a lot has changed. Nowadays...




















1.I'm a happy, deeply in love, partnered lesbian, transsexual woman.
2.I have a 38D chest thanks to my girls and feel no shame in admitting I wouldn't bench over 100 pounds even if I could.
3.I have seen more than enough ignorance and discrimination to last a lifetime.
4.My social consciousness is alive and well, has become a driving force in my life, and my family is a community of communities that spans countries and cultures.
5.I cry when I'm sad, and the friendships in my life are deeper and more fulfilling than I could have ever imagined.
6.My favorite drink is a Cosmo and, if you know me, it just fits.
7.I have outgrown my career so I'm glad it doesn't define me anymore.
8.I use conditioner every morning and never shave - 200 hours of electrolysis have done their work.
9.I have so much stuff to carry I can barely fit it all in my purse.
10.I'm happier and more fulfilled than I've ever been, and would rather die than go back to the closet.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário